1. U. S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of U.S.
2. Graduating High School Senior, no older than 21 years of age at the beginning of the academic year when the scholarship is awarded.
3. Enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited post-secondary institution for the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
4. Recipient(s) will be awarded a one-time disbursement of funds. He/she will not be eligible to apply
for future scholarships through Loyal Thomas Grimes, Jr. Memorial Scholarship, Inc.
1. High Academic Achievement (GPA of 3.50 or greater out of a 4.0 scale at the time of application)
2. Two Letters of Recommendations from teachers (indicative of possession of positive attributes of leadership and citizenship)
3. Official transcript
4. Recognized contributions to the school through extracurricular activities, including any leadership roles
5. Recognized contributions to the community through service activities
6. Submit a 3-5-minute video stating your name, current high school of attendance and/or college/university you will attend. Also describe what striving for excellence means to you and how striving for excellence will impact your future.